Just got my TFP test kit and tested my water.

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
FC: 2
CC: 0.5
TC: 2.5
PH: 7.2
T/A: 100
CH: 630
CYA: 80

So I added 260oz of 6% bleach to get it towards the high end of the best guess chart.

I'll check tomorrow to see how it holds. However with the trees over my pool I always have to fight the FC due to organic matter in the pool.

Quick sanity check though:

In the instructions under Daily testing step 2 it says to add R-0003 (DPD) to test for chlorine. My kit came with R-0600 OTO for this. I think this is a typo as adding only R-0003 to the chlorine vial did not do anything.

dave

HD,

Oops and double oops!! Not only was that stupid of me, but I even know (now) how I did it. My apologies.

I'm gonna' make a seperate post letting all the kit owners know and I have corrected the text for all future kits.

Thanks for being sharp-eyed.

Thanks for that, at first I thought that my wife read it incorrectly, silly me thinking that :roll:

I did a partial drain last night, appears to be ~2000 gallons, unintentionally when the hose came off my 3/4hp booster pump. At least I should see my CH go down after the refill. . .

The neighbors now have a very wet backyard.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.