Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just got my TFP test kit and tested my water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Just got my TFP test kit and tested my water.

FC: 2
    CC: 0.5
    TC: 2.5
    PH: 7.2
    T/A: 100
    CH: 630
    CYA: 80

So I added 260oz of 6% bleach to get it towards the high end of the best guess chart.

I'll check tomorrow to see how it holds. However with the trees over my pool I always have to fight the FC due to organic matter in the pool.

Quick sanity check though:

In the instructions under Daily testing step 2 it says to add R-0003 (DPD) to test for chlorine. My kit came with R-0600 OTO for this. I think this is a typo as adding only R-0003 to the chlorine vial did not do anything.

dave
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    HD,

Oops and double oops!! Not only was that stupid of me, but I even know (now) how I did it. My apologies.

I'm gonna' make a seperate post letting all the kit owners know and I have corrected the text for all future kits.

Thanks for being sharp-eyed.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for that, at first I thought that my wife read it incorrectly, silly me thinking that

I did a partial drain last night, appears to be ~2000 gallons, unintentionally when the hose came off my 3/4hp booster pump. At least I should see my CH go down after the refill. . .

The neighbors now have a very wet backyard.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

4. Back To Top    #4
    Oooops....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5
    I noticed that last night while I was reading over my kit. I read this thread earlier and figured it was a typo.

Can't wait to get out and do some testing! Supposed to rain all day here though.
    27' Round AGP, 17200 GAL, 2 HP/2 SPD Pump/Cartridge Filter.......BBB!