First BBB opening...quick question!

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks to BBB we enjoyed the heck out of our pool last summer..Although I pulled the cover off on a freakishly hot weekend about a month ago..never going to do that again as the trees here in NC hadnt finished dropping all their **** and the water which was 60 is just now getting into the 68 degree range a month later :(

So water was nice and clear blue, FC was around 11 at opening so I have kept it up to 5-6 which worked great last year but just ran my first full range of tests this afternoon as I think people will begin to brave the cold water in the next week or so.

FC-5
TC 5
PH 7.2-7.3
CYA 40-50 (that test is difficult)
TA 80
CH 50

when I compare those # to the spreadsheet i kept last year its the lowest my PH has ever been (usually 7.7) and my TA is down from 140-150s to 80. I have read that running the pump will aerate the water via the jets but will that be enough? FWIW, I did add two pucks total over the course of the winter (pump only ran when temps got down close to 32) I was told by someone on here last year to not worry too much about the CH with a fiberglass pool..anyone see anything else out of wack in those results?

Its a 6000 gallon inground fiberglass with a only a skimmer out and 3 return jets, 2 pointed up-ish and one in the deep end pointed down to churn the water. I get pretty good direct sun for about 6hrs a day.

I appreciate your time!

JWolfe-Charlotte NC

Things look fine to me. The pH will likely rise on its own and no need to worry about the TA yet.

You should not need to worry about the CH in a fiberglass pool, unless they used a filler which contains calcium. I might hedge myself and add 100ppm of CH to be a little safer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.