Just Shocked...water turned cloudy (going on vaca in 2 hrs)

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
I just shocked my pool this morning...we are heading away for a week. Water turned cloudy. Pump is running. I had this happen one other time before and my pressure went up really high causing the need to backwash. I don't recall ever having this problem before. My numbers before shocking:

FC 3
CC 0
PH 7.4
ALK 80
CH 280
CYA 40

To maintain the pool while away, I have my LQ with 12% CL set high + an autochlorinator with pucks set at 4 and a floater with 3 pucks. Could I be going a little overkill on this? I just don't want to deal with problems when I return.

Thanks everyone!

Your LQ and pucks and shocking....? A little..... :mrgreen: How long will you be gone, a month....LOL JK!

You shocked with bleach and got cloudy? That's odd, your numbers look fine.

Enjoy your vacation. You are a lifetime supporter of TFP. You can deal with ANYTHING that arises upon your return... Don't let your pool worries stop you from enjoying your vacation!

Cloudy water, particularly white/milky cloudy water, right after shocking is usually calcium clouding, though your test numbers don't really suggest that. The calcium dust can clog up a DE filter sometimes, though usually it goes right through. If it is calcium, a little acid will usually clear it up quickly.

You are going overboard on the chlorine. The floater is good because it will work to some extent even if the pump doesn't work. But all three (LQ, puck feeder, floater) is too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.