Chicago, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I switched to flex pvc pipe last year from that cheap pool hosing and it works so much better... this year though I need a few things and could use some help.

I use 1.5" flex pvc piping. Last year, on the suction side, I simply glued my flex pvc to the piece hanging down from the bottom of the skimmer, well when I winterized, I had to cut the flex pvc away from that piece (unscrewing with 20 feet of flex pipe attached was too difficult). After cutting, I unscrewed that piece and am left with a piece on the bottom of the skimmer that is threaded on both the inside and outside. Outside threads are about 2.5"

I assume what I want here is a 1.5" (slip is it called?) to 2.5" union so I can re-glue my flex pvc to that and then simply screw on and off using the outside threads. I could not find this piece in the pathetic selection at my hardware store, so will just order, but what is it called?

Additionally I need a few valves so I can shut things off without making a mess when it is time to clean the cartridge. There are many out there with a pretty wide range of price, any advice on that?

Thanks!

It sounds like you need a 2.5" threaded female fitting? You should be able to get that at a plumbing supply store, but usually big box and ace won't have 2.5". You can get reducer fittings to go from 2.5 to 2 and then 2 to 1.5...not sure if a fitting is made to go directly from 2.5 to 1.5.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.