Doughboy with or without slurry in Texas

I'm scheduled to get a doughboy Autumn Breeze 41x21 installed. The documentation I've found from Doughboy on below grade installation seems a little unclear on whether I need a slurry mix. My soil is very rocky and loaded with thick clay. I'll also have the 7ft deep end. I see where they recommend slurry for decking or concrete but I don't plan on either going right up to the pool. Also, because I have a pond about 50 feet behind my property, I wonder if a sump pump is necessary. Does anyone else here have a similar setup, soil-wise?

Welcome to TFP EagleMountain.

Are you having the pool professionally installed? If so, I'm going to assume that the builder is going to provide everything needed to set the pool up according to the manufacturers instructions.

I am getting the pool professionally installed but they are not using slurry for backfill. They told me that water accumulation under the deep end won't be a problem. I just would love concrete up to the pool but I don't think it will be possible without the slurry backfill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.