in need of a new (to me) filter

well to start off I really need a new liner to but don't have the $$$ at the moment. well opened the pool this weekend patched the tears and went to turn on the pump. water started spewing from the multiport valve. There is a big crack on the inlet on the multiport valve from the threads all the way up. Don't think it is mendable:( At this point I felt like putting the cover back on and calling it a summer:( Took a look on Craigslist to see what I could find and I found someone selling a 2hp 2sp pump w/27" 300lb sand filter they said it was sold to them with there above ground pool and was too big. Well I am thinking it would fit my 20,000 to 25,000 gal inground good, just want a second opinion.

I currently have:

1.5" pipes, 2 jets, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain

Tagelus Deluxe 225lb sand filter w/ 50 gpm design flow rate

w/.94 total hp 1 speed pump

should I replace w:

27" 300lb sand filter /sticker says: Millennium in ground series

2hp 2sp pump (the sticker says above ground Millennium and doesn't say the hp, the seller told me the hp, sound really large for an above ground)

the stickers on my says the flow rate but the stickers on the one I am looking at do not?

it seems like the pump filter combo may be a better size for my pool, but I am not sure. $250 seems like a good price as long as it actually works and is not broke, any advice on buying used pool equipment like this would be great as well.

If it is a 2HP, that is certainly bigger than you would need, but since you will run on low speed mostly, that would be fine. There is nothing wrong with going to a larger filter either. Do no try to move it with sand in it and inspect all the laterals for damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.