Pool floats and extras

Squirt guns. Masks. The masks are helpful when you get fanatical and swim around underwater with the vacuum hose trying to get every last bit of debris. The dollar stores usually have a good supply of squirt guns and beach balls dirt cheap this time of year.

I just ordered two foam pool floats. We have wooden chaise lounges, and really need to get some thicker cushions for them (DH can't lounge very often without it hurting his back). In lieu of ordering new cushions this season, I ordered the thick foam floats. When we have gone to Caribbean resorts, they often have their foam floats do double-duty in the water and cushioning the lounge chairs, so we're going to try that for a while. I have done the inflatables, and I still have one that I have in the box that I will use this season. For the inflatable, I like the one that keeps my head propped up so I can read, drink wine, etc, and be not too submerged. This is the inflatable I use (I've even tried a foam armchair, but they don't keep me vertical enough so I returned it) , but an inflatable, well taken care of, really only lasts one season (and the cup holder on this one is too small for using a 12oz can, FYI). http://www.lesliespool.com/leisure-15185sf-solstice-fashion-lounge/15185sf.htm

I ordered these thick 2.5" foam floats last week, they are supposed to come in on Wednesday. I did end up finding one that was another .25" thicker, but it was ridged instead of smooth and backordered several weeks, so didn't get it. http://www.wayfair.com/TRC-Recreation-LP-Ultra-Sunsation-Pool-Float-80215-JJJ1006.html (also, I somehow managed to order this through Walmart.com via Wayfair for $20 cheaper, but I can't get it to easily pull up so just posting the Wayfair link).

The best floats I like to have out when we have company, especially the nieces and nephews, are the thick pool noodles. We have lots of those, and the adults like them, too (make a "seat" and float around). The inflatables inevitably get popped within the hour when the kids roughhouse!

Agreed, SteveG - they are pricey! I will have to report back and see if they last or seem worth the bucks. I figure, in two summers I had to buy three inflatables for $30 each, so I was already $90 in and didn't want to keep reinvesting in something that will pop! I understand the foam needs to be pampered a little (but I had to pamper my inflatable, too, or it would have blown to Kansas by now). I was glad to find the ones I did for $150, when I started looking a few years ago they were closer to $300. I purposely got a solid color, too, because I've read reviews that the graphic print ones flake off, and that they will all eventually have some fading.

If nothing else, I hope to have a little notice when they are wearing out, unlike my inflatable where I might come home from work, pour a cold beverage, get all my associated gear, and get in the pool to find it busted!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My kids thought these floating pool lights were fun. We found some for about $10/ea at Walgreens', and they lasted a season or so.

luxury-pool-products-accessories.jpg

Here's what I bought at Wally World - we will test them out and see! I would love the foam one but man they are pricey!

Hubby has the white one pictured but his is purple and pink :)lol:) and he loves that raft!!! It did well over the winter too! He can't wait to get back on it! :mrgreen: We also have a turtle from the INTEX line. I bought another tube and a raft the other day from INTEX line. :)

I don't even have a pool yet and I have already started collecting pool floats. :eek:

I saw these at our local Sam's Club and I thought it seemed like a good price. I didn't buy them when I was there, but came home and did some research. It seemed like a good price. I kept thinking about it and couldn't resist, so I went back and bought two of them. I think they are only available in store and not on-line and there was also a sign that said "one time purchase", like they wouldn't be getting any more in once they were gone.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/oversized-pool-float/prod12250459.ip

Haven't had a chance to test them, but hopefully they will last longer then the inflatables.

We have a couple of spring floats.
59_9_.jpg
The outer "ring" and pillow is inflatable and covered in nylon.The inner portion is mesh.When you float on them your half in the water.going on 2 years with these.

I don't even have a pool yet and I have already started collecting pool floats. :eek:

I saw these at our local Sam's Club and I thought it seemed like a good price. I didn't buy them when I was there, but came home and did some research. It seemed like a good price. I kept thinking about it and couldn't resist, so I went back and bought two of them. I think they are only available in store and not on-line and there was also a sign that said "one time purchase", like they wouldn't be getting any more in once they were gone.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/oversized-pool-float/prod12250459.ip

Haven't had a chance to test them, but hopefully they will last longer then the inflatables.

Which sam's club had them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.