2 pavers broke intex 9x18 rectangular ultra frame

tazz

Apr 11, 2014
florida
Set up, filled, added chemicals...everything great...that is until this morning. Two of the concrete patio blocks( 16x16x1.5) are broken...big bulge in the end of pool. I went to Home Depot to purchase the 15x15x1.5 pressure treated wood...They only had 12" wide. Had them cut it into 16" pieces....I can not use them because if I put them the way they are "supposed" to go they are not going to be wide enough to clear the support. Now, my husband is going to Lowe's to buy 16x16x4" concrete pavers. I hope these are going to be strong enough...We are draining the pool...what a waste of money, time, and chemical! Any suggestions? We live in Florida. Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to Trouble Free Pool.... :)

I have the exact same pool.... The weight of your pool full of water is over 17 tonnes.... That's a lot of weight.... Concrete pavers are the best, just make sure you get them level with the ground, as your pool will be raised slightly and the corners of the liner wont touch the ground.... It can weaken it...

I use two concrete pavers underneath each leg... :) I hope this helps...

Thanks! We bought 16x16x4 blocks from Lowe's. Do you think we should put some pebble rock down before we put the blocks down? The Florida sand....ugh! When you say you used two concrete pavers...what size were they? Thanks for your input. We are planning on tackling this job today.

Keep us updated with how the new blocks fair against the weight of the water and legs! I've seen members post how their rectangular intex's broke cement pavers used for support.

You're going to be our new secret guinea pig tazz! Make sure you follow through and post your results!!! :mrgreen:

Hey Tazz, I decided to go with railway sleepers underneath mine.... Only because my little pavers would have crumbled under the weight.... My last pool only weight about 8 tonnes, whereas this one, is double that, and my pavers were only 2 inches thick.... 4' should be plenty, I've seen a few videos on youtube with bigger intex pools using concrete pavers... :)

need some help

Split from [URL="http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/74226-Newbie-need-some-help/page3']here[/URL]. Please do not hijack another member's thread. Start your own thread. Casey~

Good morning all! I post yet another time. I live in Florida. We have drained this pool ( 9x18 intex rectangular) pool two times! The first time using the patio blocks (16x16x2) two broke after a day.( We got rid of those blocks, went to Lowe's and got 16x16x4" concrete blocks.) Second time was because the "corner joints" were so tight when filling the pool they would not budge, and the sides of the pool were sooooo bowing in we hurried and drained it again. I am at my wits end, and so is my boyfriend. We are resetting all the blocks yet again.
We have a 2x10 with a long level that we are putting across each pair of leg supports. My boyfriend is leaving about an inch of "play" between the block and the restrainer strap. He says that when the pool fills with the water, it will push the strap and steel u support down to touch the block. As a woman, I am a nervous wreck. Florida with all the sandy soil is turning into a night mare! Should we do this? And, when we are leveling how should we have those four corner joints? All the way pushed in or out as far as they go? Please someone, give us some advise! I pray that the new blocks being four inches thick will be alright also. Thanks for any info anyone can give!

Last edited by a moderator:
trouble leveling blocks for a 9x18 Intex pool

Do not make multiple post on the same subjects in another forum. It is against the rules. Your threads have been combined. Casey

I hope that I am posting right. I am not sure, and do not want to get in trouble. This is the second time draining the pool. I live in Florida so sand.....ugh! The first time two concrete pavers broke after just one day. (16x16x2") Went to Lowe's and got 16x16x4" ones. Leveled all, but the corner joints that are supposed to "float" were so tight that the pool was bowing inward so badly we stopped filling it. Now, my boyfriend is digging the blocks a little deeper to leave a small space between to block and the U support. He figures as the water is filling the space between the two will "touch" and be OK. I am a nervous wreck about this whole thing! If there is anyone that lives where there is sand please advise! Also, I hope that these 4" thick pavers will not crack. Thanks all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: need some help

The sides are supposed to bow in as the pool is filling... They won't collapse..... As the pool fills it will gently push the sides out to where they need to be..... Its the water that makes the shape of the pool.... The corners will be very tight until the pool is full and the water can find its level.... :) Don't panic... :) You are doing the right thing... :) Welcome to TFP.... :)

Here is what will happen when your pool is set up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIPC2n04Tho

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.