I don't "get" Private Messaging.

CarlD

Apr 8, 2007
Whenever I try to PM someone, it goes to my Outbox, and sits there...sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes for days. Usually, if I leave and come back an hour later it has been sent, but the last one stopped completely for 2 days and never moved to my "Sent" box. Why is that and how can one "force" it to actually send the message?

I've never seen a PM system that worked this way.
Thanks.

Exactly. It's a great feature. On more than one ocassion, I've sent someone a pm only to find my question had been answered on the forum or in an e-mail from the member. Rather than confuse things with a now irrelevant pm, as long as they have not read it yet, I can either edit or delete. I prefer to edit so the recipient doesn't wonder what happened to the pm that they may have been notified of via e-mail.

SeanB said:
Exactly. It's a great feature. On more than one ocassion, I've sent someone a pm only to find my question had been answered on the forum or in an e-mail from the member. Rather than confuse things with a now irrelevant pm, as long as they have not read it yet, I can either edit or delete. I prefer to edit so the recipient doesn't wonder what happened to the pm that they may have been notified of via e-mail.

Ok! That works for me! I just couldn't find any on-line documentation to explain it, so I kept thinking that the PMs weren't being sent--In Outlook, if your eMail is in the "Outbox" it has not been sent. You then have to push the "Send and Receive" button and then, if it's been sent, it appears in the "Sent" folder. I thought this was the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.