Went on Vacay, came back to green pool!

B

Bobbystone

Hey Guys,

I just got back from a weeks vacation in the islands, all psyched about getting the pool fixed up for the summer. To my surprise there was some green scum on the steps and the water is just a tinge green. I tested the Salt and CYA and everything was pretty much wiped out from all the rain and storms we've had over the winter. So, I've topped off the salt and CYA, will wait to adjust PH after the CYA is dissolved. Do I need to shock this pool? Or will adding the salt and letting the salt gen work more hours clean up this mess? Thanks in advance for your help! You guys are great!

That's a bummer. You'll need to SLAM the pool. For this process turn your SWG off. What CYA level did you shoot for when you added it ? That will determine your SLAM level FC.
Here is the SLAM process. Read about it and follow it to the T. You will be using bleach for this process. Do you have one of our recommended test kits ? You will also need one for the SLAM process. ?
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/125-slam-shock-level-and-maintain-shockingl
Can you post a set of test results ?

Thanks of your reply. Should I wait to add CYA until after I SLAM? Here were the numbers I just got:

I have the Taylor Pool Test kit. Do I need something different or will it work?

FC .01
PH 8.0
TA 90
CH 260
CYA didn't read.

Thanks!

One thing.. When I got back the skimmer baskets were pretty clogged with pollen. Is it possible that the gunk is pollen that hasn't been filtered yet? I didn't really show any CC after rI added chlorine. Should I try the overnight test and see what happens? Thanks again for all the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.