Live Sweat Bee's Coming Out of My Return?

Aug 10, 2007
North Alabama
Yep!I was curious to see what my filter wasn't getting.I put socks on the returns and in a few hours their were 5 or 10 live sweat bee's in each sock. :shock: and not much else!I have seen the bee's floating on top of the water so Im thinking "floating" is the key word here.
I have a Pac-Fab Super Flow sand filter.What would make small "floating" objects not get caught in the filter and come out the return:?: :?:

One would think that the skimmer basket or the pump strainer would catch them :scratch: If somehow they bypassed those 2, the sand would certainly catch them, unless it was severely channeled, but even then, the laterals would stop them. Any chance you are running on 'recirc'? if not you've got a filter that isn't doing anything to clean the water and it needs some immediate attention!

Yea I was thinking it would have to be re-circulateing but the multi-valve is on filter.....the pool came with a house we bought a year ago so I dont know all the history.Could the top of multi-valve be on wrong making filter be actually re-cir. :?:Maybe not seating :?: Bad gasket? :?:

buzzbait00 said:
Yea I was thinking it would have to be re-circulateing but the multi-valve is on filter.....the pool came with a house we bought a year ago so I dont know all the history.Could the top of multi-valve be on wrong making filter be actually re-cir. :?:Maybe not seating :?: Bad gasket? :?:

The multiport could well be the trouble, a quick way to check is to see if water is escaping through the waste port. They are easy enough to open, all you need is a philipshead screwdriver - take a look at the gasket inside, it might be ripped, buckled or pinched, also look at the channels that seat the gasket.

Sweat bees are the worker bees.

Queens make babies and wear crowns, pollen jockies spread pollen and collect nectar, crud seperators take out the crud, stirrer bees, well, they stir up stuff. Sweat bees, well, work sooo hard that they, well... sweat. They are most easily identified by the doo rags (aka bandanas) worn on top of their tiny heads. These garments can be especially damaging to pump impellers.

The best deterrent for sweat bees are unions. Unions... well, nevermind... just take my word for it.

Now you know.

stevenbrla said:

Queens make babies and wear crowns, pollen jockies spread pollen and collect nectar, crud seperators take out the crud, stirrer bees, well, they stir up stuff. Sweat bees, well, work sooo hard that they, well... sweat. They are most easily identified by the doo rags (aka bandanas) worn on top of their tiny heads. These garments can be especially damaging to pump impellers.

The best deterrent for sweat bees are unions. Unions... well, nevermind... just take my word for it.

Now you know.

Very funny... I hear a good honey lawsuit works wonders also!

I think I figured it out!!!!The superflow filter has a air relief tube that goes up to the top of the dome.Its supose to have a strainer on the end and didn't.So I guess anything small that floated to the top of the dome was geting doun the air felief tube and bipassing the filter :goodjob:

stevenbrla said:

Now you know.

Y'all must have young'uns and have the "Bee Movie" (like me) and/or that movie is "dead-on". Anyway, I recommend the movie, very entertaining.

Sorry, I have no technical explanation for your problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.