Coping/edge repair - Help!

Hello all,

I'm a total newbie who just opened my first pool last week. We had to buy the pool sight unseen and when we opened it, we noticed that the edge is in rough shape. In addition to a 2-foot section that is broken off, the white plastic edge is in rough shape all around. I have no idea what the possibilities are to repair or replace so I've love to hear suggestions. My questions are:

1. Do I need to remove the existing coping (it is set in concrete so I'd like to avoid this), or can I overlay something new.

2. What are options for the edge, in terms of tile / rubber / pavers / etc.

Thanks so much! I've got a bunch of pictures to help illustrate the situation.

Coping 1.jpg

Coping 3.jpg

Welcome to TFP. If you could add your location to your profile and your pool specs to your signature, that would be great.

Why did you have to buy the pool sight unseen? I think I'd want to see the pool before I dropped a boatload on a house. They can be very expensive to rehab if in poor shape. Looks like you got one in poor shape. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.