New Liner- Total refill

May 22, 2012
Hello
Back again after an endless Chicago winter. I'm getting a new liner installed next week with water being trucked in after. I have used the TFP method for 2 years with wonderful results. I'm pretty confident in the method but have a few questions about my new water fill. I know I need to get my CYA reading to about 40- should I calculate my shock level (10?) and add my bleach accordingly to keep it there until my overnight test passes? I know I shouldn't wait until my CYA reads 40 since that takes a while. Also, should worry about my ph right away or wait until I have my FC under control? I'm ordering all new test supplies today-TF100-So I'll be all set with that. Any other tips about getting a total refill adjusted would be appreciated.

A complete refill should be nothing more than some adjustments....no SLAM necessary.

Get your water in the pool and test it immediately and post your results.

Have CYA on hand to get to 40 ppm and you could actually put it in right away.

Have chlorine on hand to get to about 5 ppm and put it in around the same time as your CYA

You shouldn't need to SLAM if the water is coming out of the tap. My usual advice is to add either the bleach or adjust the pH first, your choice. While that is mixing with the pump on, fumble around with the CYA and the sock and devising some method of hanging it. By the time that is done, the first treatment is done and you can do the other. Allow CYA a week to dissolve and mix before you waste reagent testing it again. Just keep maintaining pH and FC and if there's any question about low TA, post again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.