Hayward Xstream cover will not tighten

mtnfun

May 4, 2014
United States
Hi all, I have had my hayward Xstream filter for four years. I am having an issue where the black locking ring binds before it is fully locked. If I force it it becomes welded on and is very difficult to remove.... Has anyone had this issue and is there a fix... I tried cleaning threads with toothbrush and soapy water... :confused:

I have the exact same problem - used the toothbrush and detergent on the threads for the base and the locking ring, ordered a new O-ring, and made sure to apply Jack's lube. It still won't tighten down to where it 'clicks' - it binds up before the click. Very frustrating!

Guys, it’s simple logic: remove ring gasket which is located inside the black rotating locking mechanism.
Re insert cover with filter inside and you’ll see it will screw in just like the day you bought it and without any cleaning the threads or flipping the canister upside down it will lock in smooth and easy.
Now, go buy yourself some new rubber ring gaskets on amazon.
Cheers.

Guys, it’s simple logic: remove ring gasket which is located inside the black rotating locking mechanism.
Re insert cover with filter inside and you’ll see it will screw in just like the day you bought it and without any cleaning the threads or flipping the canister upside down it will lock in smooth and easy.
Now, go buy yourself some new rubber ring gaskets on amazon.
Cheers.
Thank you Sir Gilles, you just saved me $400. Almost clicked order for new tank. Now to make sure the new o ring works.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.