Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello

I am about 2.5 weeks into a new pool finish startup. It is a Wetedge Satin Matrix pebble finish. The pool builder who I contracted did the startup. We had tons of plaster dust the first two weeks which I thought was odd given it is a pebble finish. They basically added acid to target ph of 7 and tons of sequestering agents.

The pool eventually cleared up and was good for a few days. I was monitoring ph and adding pucks for chlorine and cya. The builder added a few pounds of stabilizer and the cya level is around 20.

Now this weekend the pool started getting cloudy. The pool builder recommended a power 60 algaecide product which I added. I have been worried about the chlorine levels since it is supposed to be 93 today. I was adding some calcium hypochlorite (power powder) to the skimmers but I couldn't get a FC level above 1 during the day. Last night I went out and bought bleach, used pool math and added the 121oz bottle. That yielded these numbers

FC 3.6
CC 1.2
PH 7.4
TA. 70
CH 170
CYA 20 (store test)

i did the OCLT since I thought something was in the water that wasn't plaster dust.

This morning the numbers were

FC 2.4
CC .2

Ph 7.0 since I added acid last night pool is constantly rising right now

My question is since it is a new surface and I shouldn't go to slam levels, where should I target the FC level? I have been shooting for 4 ppm since that safe for people and the finish but I would really like a clean looking pool. It is much clearer this morning so maybe I am on the right track.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.