New Forum for Homemade Solutions

wpbucher

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 7, 2012
South-Central Pennsylvania
I would like to suggest a forum that would provide a central location for all of the homemade contraptions and other money saving tips/tricks that are scattered throughout the other forums. I was just in the market for a pool water leveler. I checked on Amazon. In the comments for the $110 pool leveler was a post that stated the leveler was pretty much a "Little Giant" trough-o-matic ($14) with some pvc piping to hold it in place. I bought the trough-o-matic and with some cpvc I had laying around....I made a nice little pool leveler. I've seen home made aerators on TPF and other stuff. I figure since TFP is all about good chemistry and saving money, a forum dedicated to "Doin' It For Less" is warranted. You could call it "Doin' It For Less" or "Homemade Heaven"....or have a little contest to name it. Just a suggestion.

Yes it does. I just know that on some threads....about page 6 of 14 .... a person will post a homemade gadget that accomplishes the task. Those are sometimes hard to find. Sometimes you don't even think about making something before you go out and buy one. A forum would allow users to easily peruse the different inventions in one centralized place.

One of the most important goals on this website is to make it simpler and easier to navigate.

Adding forums won't help to that. We spend much more time discussing subtracting forums rather adding on additional complexity.

wpbucher, your thought is a good thought but my sincere hope is we will see less and less forums and divisions as we continually refine the site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.