Terre Haute indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
fc 21 cc 2 ph 7.2 ta 140 cya 50 winter cover split and went into the pool this winter with everything on top now in the pool, used the net to get out as much as I could. Went with turning your green swamp sticky and it went from a dark green, almost black to a cloudy light blue in just a couple of days(started last Tuesday), haven't seen any difference in the last couple of days. Not able to see the pattern on the liner floor even in the shallow end. Adding about half a gallon liquid chlorine a day to keep fc at shock level. Am I trying to go to fast to clear this up or is this normal for as bad as it started out

I think your on track. As long as your keeping FC at SLAM level as long as you can and running pump and filter 24/7, backing washing when pressure rises it'll come around. Make sure your brushing also. Usually in the beginning you see quick changes then things slow down a bit. That's where the POP comes into play.
Also having a sand filter will take the longest to get it back to crystal clear. ?

Your sand filter is going to end up doing most of the work and as pwrstrk said, they take the longest to filter it out. Give it time and keep SLAM'ing the pool. Brush it too! :goodjob:

thanks guys, thought I was rushing it, you know my filter is around 30 years old, still working several leaks, thought about get a new one before this goes complety. are the DE filters really as better as talked out and are the hard for a old dog to figure out

All the different types of filters will do the job. The main thing with keeping clear water is maintaining proper water chemistry. Having your FC in the proper range for your CYA level will go along way in having clear sparkly water.
As for the types of filters everybody has their preference one type isn't really any better than the others. With DE you have to mess with DE or a DE alternative. Cart filters you don't back wash, you have to break it down and wash the filter out. Sand filters you already know about. I have a DE and I'm happy with its performance.

Made It, two weeks and a day from nasty green slime to clear water, passed overnite test less than 1 part drop fc, cc.5 ph 7.6-7.7, ta 120, ch 190 and been reading cya as 50 but I think its closer to 35, while slaming used a lot of chlorine during the day , a lot less at night to keep fc levels at 20-22. Had some 3 inch tabs so I put 3 in to raise cya some more will check daytime fc loss in a few days. thanks for the help and the green swamp sticky note

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.