Upgrading Pump - Questions for new replacement.

Jan 2, 2012
New Jersey
Hi Everyone.

I currently have a Jandy FloPro 2hp single stage pump. I would like to update to a better pump. Im trying to figure out the difference between the Jandy JEP2.0 and the VS FloPro pumps. I have a full Jandy setup with the Aqualink PDA and iAqualink.

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Welcome to TFP!

Is the whole pump worn out?

You can replace just the motor with a 2 speed, run on low for normal operation, high for water features and vacuuming. This will usually save you $$ in both replacement cost and running.

To help us help you better, please add your pool and equipment to your signature line, as outlined here.

The ePump has a permanent magnet motor which is about 10% more efficient than the regular motor in the FloPro.

How much you pay for electricity is a big factor in choosing a pump. At high electrical rates the ePump is a better deal, while at low electrical rates the extra up front costs will never pay back. Depending on your electrical rates, you may also want to consider a two speed pump, which gets you most (but not all) of the savings of a variable speed and costs much less up front.

The pump is fine. Just looking to upgrade to a VS unit.

The pool is around 37,000 Gallons.

Im just trying to figure the difference between those 2 pumps. Ive been looking at all the online specs but everything is starting to get confused in my head.

Current electricity costs are around .11 kw.

Im also more interested to have the pump run at a extra low speed during the day since the pool supply jets are on the tanning ledge and the current pump pushes water way to fast across it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.