SWG's with temperature compensation and other Autopilot questions

beezar

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 8, 2010
Houston, TX
I have an Autopilot Digital and LOVE the temperature compensation feature. Is there any other SWG with this feature? My impression is no.

Also, I have the Autopilot on a pool, and am contemplating an SWG on a spa (separate body of water) as adding bleach is getting really old. The spa is like 2000 gallons, and I run the pump only 1.5 hours a day.

Does the Autopilot Pool pilot Nano have temperature compensation?

If not, can I run a Autopilot Digital with the smallest size cell even on my 2000 gallon spa without problems? Assuming I limit the time the SWG is run, of course.

And what exactly is the difference between the Autopilot Pool pilot digital and pool pilot soft touch?

Thanks!

There are two different kinds of temperature compensation. AutoPilot units are the only ones that adjust chlorine production based on temperature. But many brands adjust their salt sensors based on temperature, which is also called temperature compensation.

Yes, the Nano has temp compensation.

AutoPilot has units specifically designed for use with spas/hot tubs. One of those would be a much better choice for a spa.

The SoftTouch is much more limited in some ways, doesn't have the alpha/numeric display, just LEDs.

JasonLion, thanks for the reply. I really wish the Spa Autopilot version would work for me, but it looks like it has a limit of 600 gallons max, while my spa is 2000 gallons. But that is great to hear the Nano has temp compensation (the one that adjusts the chlorine with temp, I mean), as that is significantly cheaper than the Autopilot digital.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.