Worth tweaking TA and PH?

Nov 9, 2011
Albany, NY
I just ran a complete set of tests except for CYA (assume 20-30 based on what i added a week ago to a reading of 0 using room temp water). It isn't sunny enough to do a new test and i am low on reagent so i want to wait until the timing is right.

PH - 7.2
FC - 9
CC - 0
TA - 60
CH - 90

FC is a touch high as i just this morning added a bunch of liquid chlorine since i have been a little lax lately since it's 56 degrees and i have a little while before i will be swimming.

My TA has always been a wee tad lower than recommended but my PH is very stable and i only have to bump it down once a season. I have had good luck (or done a good job thanks to what i learned here :cool:) and my water stays nice and clear all season and i haven't had any water quality issues.

Pool has been open a couple of weeks in upstate NY and i have it all cleaned up and looking good and the water is clear and after a new set of tests today i am wondering if i should add just a touch of baking soda?? Pool calculator says 39 oz of baking soda will get me from a TA of 60 to 70 and raise PH slightly as well.

Thoughts??

And thanks in advance!

I would just to be in range. I have mine at 90 and my pH is a rock solid 7.5. :good job:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.