Howdy. I need help. Maybe.....

FC 4
CC .2
PH 7.4
A 8
Cal 350
Cyn 35-40 range. bit hard to hard sometimes
overnight loss of FC about 1.

started BBB around Oct 2013. going great and thanks to the forum.

seems like though that the number of jugs of chlorine is going to be 4-5 every week
to keep it at FC 4 minimum? based on charts FC minimum should be I think around 4ish.
is that about right?

When I started BBB oct 2013, it was getting cooler, then a month or so later
I put the cover on, so chlorine use was much lower. Cover came off late march of this
year, getting hotter, and I havent tracked it to closely yet, but seems like it is going to
be 5 jugs a week.

do i put 4 jugs in at a time, or do one jug every few days?

use sams club 8.2%, sometimes pool store 10%.

I slammed last week just to make 100% sure there wasnt any algae.

one note on algea since BBB, I've had zero! wonderful thing!

ph and A have been very stable since BBB. again, wonderful!

appreciatively,

Greg White

- - - Updated - - -

forgot one other question, I recall that loss of 2.5 FC per day is about normal? right?

I recommend raising cyanuric acid to around 50. You want to be near the high end of the range in the spring, so it is still alright come fall, and it will cut down on chlorine usage.

It is best to add chlorine every day.

Chlorine usage of about 2 ppm/day is average, though it varies a bit.

ok great thanks. last summer the cyanuric acid was way high, so I drained half. just want to be careful about it moving to high. I guess since I am off the tabs, then no worries about that getting out of control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.