Two Words: Thank You!

May 1, 2014
Loveland, CO
I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful information you have in Pool School and the forums. As a Longtime Moderator on another popular VB site (binderplanet.com) I really appreciate the work you've put in here.

I don't know how it took me 3 years to find it, but it has answered a bunch of lingering questions and situations we've had that didn't make sense at the time. I've used internet searches to try to find answers since my wife and daughter bought it in 2010, but TFP never hit the radar until I decided the HTH Test strips were leading me astray and I went looking for a real test kit.

This was the first year I didn't drain it completely and put it away for the winter. Trying to clear the swamp a week in I decided I needed a real test kit and some help figuring out how which lead me here. That opened my eyes to some of the things I was doing wrong that caused some of the problems last year and the mistakes I made closing it. Two weeks of SLAMing later the white stuff is clearing out and I can see the bottom of the pool again. It appears to be on the right path with the FC 6.5 (down from 18.5 in 3 days, has passed 3 OCLTs in the last 7 days), PH 7.5, TA 90, CH 500, CYA 40, and water temps in the mid 50's.

I don't have any questions right now since you've done such a great job of compiling and presenting the information I needed, but you can bet if I have a question I can't find the answer to I'll be asking it.

So Thank You again, and keep up the good work.

Will Marsh

Yes I too would like to thank the good admins & mods on this forum , I am a member at a number of forums where my interests/hobbies lie , and It dawned on me after browsing
A couple of weeks just how repetitive the questions/answers on this forum in particular are.

If I was one of them I would have lost it and raged it at some of the questions asked.

One of them is users asking for answers on their chemistry and stubbornly refusing to buy the adequate test kit :haha: I would have been like : "let me get out my crystal ball out and tell you what your pool needs!: haha

Your patience and politeness is truly amazing!

What are the top 5 infuriating questions? :)

What are the top 5 infuriating questions?
Moderators are asked to join us because they have shown a knack for ALWAYS being courteous, on point, good natured. Knowledge of the subject seems to come with that but it is not our primary characteristic we hope for.

Any chance I get, I really like to remind everyone just how good our Mods and our Admins are. They are the heart and soul of this forum and I am very appreciative of their willingness to give of their time.

(Besides, we would need a bigger list than just five :mrgreen::mrgreen:)

I would like to take this opportunity to say you are welcome to all of you, and to say thank you to all who have been long time members of TFP. Just about every expert, admin, and moderator has been your shoes at one time or another and needed help from someone willing to share and teach what they knew about pool care. Anyone who wants to express their gratitude by supporting the financial needs of the forum can become a TFP Lifetime or Platinum supporter. You can read about becoming a supporting member here . Another great way to support TFP is to hang around and learn more about pool care, even about issues that don't apply to your pool and help spread that knowledge to new members. Keep reading and posting over the winter months too! It is always pool season somewhere and we have a growing international population that needs help getting their pools up and running in the Southern hemisphere when the Northern hemisphere has closed their pools for the winter. Winter is also when we get a lot of repair questions from folks who delay servicing equipment until after swim season is over. If you are technically inclined then contributing to the knowledge base of electrical, mechanical, and construction issues is of great value to TFP. We all work hard to keep TFP the friendliest, most helpful pool forum around.

Welcome to the forum Will Marsh, Cm_ls1, and Suprfly!:wave: Thank you all for the kind words.

zea3 said:
Just about every expert, admin, and moderator has been your shoes at one time or another and needed help from someone willing to share and teach what they knew about pool care.
How very true. Certainly was the case with me. Fortunately, I found TFP before anything got out of hand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.