Question About Well Points

Aug 7, 2013
Ive decied to install a well pump to keep ground water away from my pool. I have 16X32 IG vinly rectangular pool. Im in N Mississippi and the clay soil here holds water like Ive never seen (Im from the North). After the recent storms here, my liner started floating. Due to a few other things going on with the pool I've determined a well point is needed.

My question is how deep should the well go and how far/close to the pool does it need to be. From what Ive gathered so far, it seems they should be placed on the deep end of the pool. But Im not sure how close it should be.

Thanks

My husband started digging today...! With there was people with knowledge that could help us! Hope we are doing this correctly...

u2upupa9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't know much about well points but I will tell you what I do know. I know they should be dug around the perimeter of the pool within 8ft or so. Mainly in the deep end. This is where my knowledge gets fuzzy so I'll tell you what I'd do... Dig until I hit water. Then I'd fill the hole with gravel and sink a pump in it and pump it any time there is a lot of ground water. With it being close to the pool, you're essentially pulling all that water out from under the pool.

Again, I don't know much but that's what I'd do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.