Spa Leaks Back Into Pool

jatsie

Apr 26, 2014
CA
Hello,
I have an elevated spa that is leaking back into the pool when the pump is off. I have checked all of the check valves and Jandy valves that I can see, and they all appear okay. I used some food coloring to trace how it is getting back to the pool. It is leaking back through what I think is the spa return jet. I used a garden hose to find out where the jet goes, and it goes to the return jets in the pool and to some plumbing near the pump. I used to have a pressure skimmer hooked up to a seperate pump which is now capped as I am using a vacuum creepy crawly. I uncapped what used to be the suction side of this pump, and when I use the garden hose and put my hand over the pool return jet, water will come out of this pipe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In the last picture, I tied the two 3/4" pipes together and it is still leaking back. The 3/4" line on the right of the two was the one that water was coming out when I put a garden hose in the spa return jet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.