I'm Back....

exbcmc

May 1, 2012
Arcadia, Ca
Hi all. I've been away for a bit and the last you heard from me we had a major problem with our brand new re-model. The new plaster turned to 80 grit sandpaper and everyone pointed to everyone else. Had a 3rd party, not the pool guy, or contractor, give me his opinion and he felt we got a load of bad/water downed plaster. He said he's seen a lot of this lately due to the economy. Companies watering down the product. I REALLY felt the pool man mess up the chemicals.

The pool contractor stepped up to the plate and re-plastered the pool We went with pebble sheen and paid a bit for that. He confided in me that the pool man, who he recommended, is having major problems keeping his mind on his job. (No kidding) He is a weight lifter on steroids and that is ALL he thinks about. Could care less about the pools, or his family for that matter. We actually experienced his rage one time when he sensed I thought he messed up the plaster.

So, long story short, we are back in business and I look forward to reading the forum.

Oh my... :shock:

Glad you got it all worked out! (no pun but that's funny!) :mrgreen:

I'd love to post pics....but I'm a geek at that stuff.
Been in this home nearly 40 years. Maintained the pool the first 27 yrs or so, and the lawn.....I guess I've gotten lazy, kinda nice having someone do it for me. I will ask this, how many of you just "drop" the testing fluids into the pool itself, w/o using the kit vials? Both my last two guys do this and say they can "eyeball it." Hmmmm

I'd love to post pics....but I'm a geek at that stuff.
Been in this home nearly 40 years. Maintained the pool the first 27 yrs or so, and the lawn.....I guess I've gotten lazy, kinda nice having someone do it for me. I will ask this, how many of you just "drop" the testing fluids into the pool itself, w/o using the kit vials? Both my last two guys do this and say they can "eyeball it." Hmmmm​
That's not very accurate. This works better:
04-mouth-wash.jpg

"Tastes like three and a half FC."

:mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support