Buying stock in Muric Acid...

Jul 19, 2013
East Texas
I have been adding around 2-3 cups of acid everyday since the last week of April.

I test my pool with my TF-100 kit every weekend so i dont have any numbers this week.

FC 3.5
CC 0.5
CYA 70
TA 150
Ph 7-2 -8.2 depends if i test in the evening..

Can it be that i am running my pump (swg) to much? I have the cell set at 30%
6-9am 100% (i also run my vac during this time)
9-1pm 35%

Temps have been crazy the last week in Texas. Mon 80 Tues 80 Wed 65 Thurs 72 Tomorrow 80 Saturday 86 Next week Mid 80's all week..

Thanks for the great advice.. i tell all my pool buddies about this great site!!

KT

My pool is almost 3.5 years old and I still add about a quart of acid every 10 days or so. With 220 TA fill water it's hard to keep my TA low enough to stop my pH from rising. And my SWG adds to the problem. I just live with it. Other than topping up my salt, borates, and CYA, once or twice a year, it's about all I have to add to my pool.

I add at least that much MA. It is the tap water, with tested TA of 220 to 340 ppm, if I am adding fill water then the TA is rising. If it rains a lot the TA will slowly go down as I add less and less MA to reduce pH from 7.9-ish to 7.5-ish.

I add at least that much MA. It is the tap water, with tested TA of 220 to 340 ppm, if I am adding fill water then the TA is rising. If it rains a lot the TA will slowly go down as I add less and less MA to reduce pH from 7.9-ish to 7.5-ish.

Do you ever run your waterfall to get your TA down?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i cant seem to figure out how to change my signature?? I need to add my test kit to it...

Do you ever run your waterfall to get your TA down?
A waterfall, or any form of aeration, will cause the pH to rise and do nothing to TA. There is a specific article in Pool School to explain how to lower TA.
- - - Updated - - -

Traylork said:
Also, i cant seem to figure out how to change my signature?? I need to add my test kit to it...
Go to "Settings" (top right of page under Pool School button) then scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" then select "Edit Signature".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.