so cal fires/clean up help

The so cal fires were within 300 yards of my house yesterday, wind gusts clocked at over 80 mph. Pulled a bunch of debris from the pool last night, will pull some more today. Gonna skim with the net and some cloth attached to pick up surface ash and dirt. Cleaned my filters 2 weeks ago so they should be pretty fresh. But I'll definitely watch the pressure when I start up.

What do I do when I start the pumps? Am I using the pool sweep or skimming from the drains or 50/50? High speed on the pumps or low? Same chemistry rules apply?

Moderator, if this isn't the right place to post, please move.

Thanks.

Keep an eye on both the filter pressure and the PH. Ash can sometimes clog the filter quickly, and will sometimes have large impacts on the PH. I would also elevate the FC level to the high end of the normal range to help take care of any organic debris that blows in.

Run the pump on low speed as much as possible unless you have problems with the filter pressure rising quickly. Rapidly rising filter pressure requires extra attention when the pump is running.

And of course skim out as much as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.