Spa sized light in 45' pool. Intellibrite 5G color, white LED, or halogen?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I'm stuck with a Pentair spa sized light on my pool. The housing is gone so I need a replacement.

A 60w incadescent is $145
White LED is just over $300
5G color changing is just over $400

Anyone with experience seeing an LED spa light in a full sized pool? I'm worried about spending all that money and not getting any color in the pool. Or just get the white LED- is it as bright as a regular bulb? My old housing has a 250w bulb in there. I love LED technology, but I'm worried I won't get enough light in the pool.

12v or 120v? I'm probably only going to need 10' of cable to get to my junction box.

Thanks.

The color LED are generally not nearly as bright as typical pool bulbs ... and the reds do not travel very far in water at all. I think white LED would be comparable or brighter than a regular bulb.

If you had a 250W bulb, why would you switch to a 60W, clearly that is not going to be nearly as bright.

I did some more research... It looks like I have a Pentair aqualight- which is a pool light for a small niche. Available in 250w halogen for $184 on amazon. Or the 5G white LED spa light which is a 100w equivalent for $384. So $200 more for LED. I think I just convinced myself to get the halogen...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.