new plaster startup reassurance

Dec 28, 2013
apollo beach,fl
glad i got this 100 test kit, strips were off somewhat as every always says!

I'm on day 5, water filled late saturday, i've been brushing twice daily, 95% of dust seems gone, i rarely see any brushing now.

I maintained ph < 7.8 it started jumping daily now so i'm testing each day and adding small batches of ph down if needed i'm around 7.5 now
TA is around 120.

Plasterer said wait a week for stabilizer/chlorine but reading marbletite startup docs they only really mention 72 hours or until no more dusting. TFP docs
pretty much seem more inline with the plaster company

so today i've slowly started introducing stabilizer and chlorine, no big batches just a bit at a time. stabilier with a sock and only a 10ppm dose, and i'm letting a puck dissolve as i need to increase stabilizer and chlorine slowly (and good opportunity to use up a puck or so as i won't be using those again regullarly!)

calcium test i'm around 200, my first test on that with the kit may be off, but i'm sure it's 200 or above (florida water) and test strips are always on the 200-250 range. I imagine this will increase as the plaster cures too?

Sound like i'm on track?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.