SWG's sizes.

gotsno

Apr 24, 2014
Gardners, PA
I have a intex SWG like the one at teh link I posted.

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Krystal-Clear-Saltwater-System/dp/B0064OONXQ/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398948334&sr=8-1&keywords=intex+saltwater+system+parts

I bought this for our 24' round intex pool a few years ago. It works great and we just bought a used 30' above ground pool and would like to use my SWG on this pool. Would the 30' round pool be to big for this SWG? I figure I will have to run it longer than what I did with the 24' round. Just was not sure if there are any sizing recomendations with SWG's like there are with the pumps.

Thanks

There are sizing issues, but they are more approximate than they are for pumps.

With a 30' pool you can use a single Intex SWG most of the year, but the hottest week(s) of the year are likely to require manually adding some chlorine to supplement the SWG. For a more trouble free setup I suggest two Intex SWGs plumbed in parallel, or one of the larger units of another brand. That will also allow you to run the pump for a shorter period of time, which will save electricity.

There are sizing issues, but they are more approximate than they are for pumps.

With a 30' pool you can use a single Intex SWG most of the year, but the hottest week(s) of the year are likely to require manually adding some chlorine to supplement the SWG. For a more trouble free setup I suggest two Intex SWGs plumbed in parallel, or one of the larger units of another brand. That will also allow you to run the pump for a shorter period of time, which will save electricity.

Thanks for the advise. Even with my 24' round I tend to help the SWG with chlorine when we get those really hot spells in the summer. Good idea about adding a second one. I think then based on that I will see how the one I got works and if needed on hot spells add some chorine. Then if it can not keep up I will look at getting a bigger unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.