Iron and scaling stain Weekly Maintenance recommendations wanted. Please Chime in.

I have a 34,000 commercial pool that services 13 units. Our towns water is full of rust and won't get corrected for years. Per stain tests and a major stain treatment, we, including Jack's Magic technicians (via phone consultation) that iron staining is going to be an ongoing problem.

I want to embark on a stain treatment maintenance program. Based on my research and mfg. recommendation is to use about 30 ounces of Jacks Pink stuff weekly and to use their test kit to adjust plus or minus. By my estimation, close to $1K per year (+/-).

Before I go spend this kind of money. Does anyone have idea's on a much lower cost way to achieve not getting these stains back.

Thanks for your advise.

-Kevin

There is only one significant other option, but it has a fairly high cost as well. You could use a green sand filter to remove the iron while filling the pool. However a green sand filter is expensive and will tend to slow the fill rate significantly.

There is also a chance that you can get the iron to precipitate and clump together so it can be filtered out. However that process is kind of hit or miss and can also lead to iron staining.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.