Stupid electrician cut the plug

Ke

Sep 29, 2007
Toronto
My pool LED lights come with a outdoor transformer which is a plug-in type. The electrician cut the plug and connected the wire to the Aqua Logic panel. The inspector said flexible wires cannot be hard wired to the panel and the circuit needs to be GFI protected. The panel has a knock-out for a GFI outlet, Home Depot has a yellow wet location plug, can I use it to replace the factory plug? I really don't want to buy a whole new transformer.

I agree with AnnaK. Why should you fix something that a qualified person who you contracted and paid money to to install something on your behalf failed the insection and I would think the inspector wouldnt let you touch it anyway since a professional did the work to begin with ....

Good Luck !

Relax, everyone. I just want to know if it's OK to replace the factory plug with a water-tight plug from Home Depot. When the factory sealed plug is cut off, you lose the UL/CSA rating, is it possible to "restore" the rating by replacing the plug?

This is a "yes but" kind of situation. Yes, if you use the correct kind of plug it will nominally met code, but it is at the inspectors discretion to a large extent and the inspector can still say no.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.