What should I do?

SuzyAbbott

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 29, 2011
Hamilton, NJ
Just got home from work. Been down pouring all day. Water level is about a half inch below the rim. If I pop off the skimmer cover it starts overflowing. Supposed to rain till tomorrow am. I turned off the filter for tonight. Do I need to go put the cover pump in now to drain some off or can I wait until tomorrow? Grrrr

I've gain about an inch of water in the last few days too. Not enough to drain some off the top yet but we got some rain.

Stick a garden hose or the pool vacuum hose in and start a siphon. Hint: feed it in slowly, vertically, so all the air gets pushed out, until the hose is full. Then cap it and haul it out and over the side fast and let go. That'll get the siphone going.

If you let it overflow, it's going to find the low side of the pool and drain there, which will make that section a mudhole, which will probably cause the low side to sink even more, which will make it overflow even more, and so on and so on until the pool collapses. Siphon it away.

The skimmer box was literally overflowing. Gave up on the cover pump and kicked on the solar set up and pulled the return out of the pool and off the bluff behind the yard. It's literally raining as fast as it's draining. Prob 6 inches today. And it's still pouring. Ugh!!!

- - - Updated - - -

We had the low corner issue with the intex. It's so weird now to have an actual LEVEL pool!

I find when I need to Drain, Ill connect the vacuum hose to the bottom port on the filter and drain from there.... with the pump on low it drains a few inches in just minutes... or if I'm unattended for a spell I turn it off, so there is no chance of something stupid happening like the incoming water gets blocked by a pull toy or any number of crappy endings!

The skimmer box was literally overflowing. Gave up on the cover pump and kicked on the solar set up and pulled the return out of the pool and off the bluff behind the yard. It's literally raining as fast as it's draining. Prob 6 inches today. And it's still pouring. Ugh!!!

- - - Updated - - -

We had the low corner issue with the intex. It's so weird now to have an actual LEVEL pool!

- - - Updated - - -

On a cool note I see that everyone is a lifetime member or better, love how everyone gives back to the site that gave us soooo much knowledge! sorry to Hijack just a bit ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.