Plumbing help

Apr 23, 2014
PA
I have an Intex 16' X 32' x 52' rectangular pool. It came with the Intex 2650 GPH Filter Pump & Salt Water System combo unit. I have an EcoSmart Pool Heater that my house is wired for. I have a couple of questions regarding this setup. 1.) How would I plumb the heater in the line with the filter/swg system? 2.) How would I install bypass valves to bypass the heater when it gets warmer? Can someone lead me in the right direction on the plumbing from pool to filter/swg combo unit/heater/pool? If you can post a diagram that would be great!
Thank you.

Hi there, I have the same sort of pool but I have the smaller one... :) Welcome to TFP... :) I would install the heater after the pump and filter, as you want the warm water to go straight to the pool, and not through a filter after its heated.... I'm not sure about the SWG, as I use liquid chlorine.... But someone will be along to help you in regards to that....

As my heater is solar, I have built mine so the solar comes from one of my suction sides and then up onto the roof through the collectors back into the return jet of the pool, I would suggest a ball valve or three way valve depending on how you decide to plumb it, to shut water off to the heater when you don't need it..... You are better off using flexible pvc hose to plumb this kind of intex as the sides of this pool tend to move more than the round pools due to the corners that are designed to move.... :- ) I hope this helps....

There are heaps of vids on youtube showing you how to hard plumb your intex pool.... :)

Just wanted to welcome you to TFP! :wave: Enjoy the site neighbor!!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.