Help any and all info is needed for installation of a 21 ft round ABG pool!!!

Apr 29, 2014
amite, louisiana
Hi I really hope someone can help me with this project that I am about to start. last summer I bought a 21 ft round ABG pool that had used for maybe 2 years at most with 2 toddler children. when I went and dismantled it there was about 1-2 feet of water still in the pool and it had been mostly drained for about 2 weeks. I live in southeast Louisiana so it's usually humid/moist here. when I brought it home I put the pools in "storage" until now. the liner was folded as much as could be placed on a wood board off the ground and covered with 2 tarps. before buying this pool I had the same size pool but it was an Intex pole frame pool (which is in my opinion one of the best that you can get for the money. it had been taken down for winterizing for 2 yrs, used a whole summer then taken down again and moved to another completely new location where I found 2 leaks that repaired as best as I could and the pool still lasted all summer until I took it down since buying this one plus winter was coming, anyway the pool lasted for a good 5-6 years but I digress), I have never put up a metal ABG pool and since my friends and stepson helped have never taken one down however I do know that all the parts are accounted for. My problem is I have no manual nor do I remember what brand/model the pool is so I can't look it up. I know I need to replace the coping strips on it (no biggie there) but I have been reading up on the subject and pricing item's etc., and came across foam flooring, cove, etc. the deal is the pool didn't have cove pieces or foam underlayment just sand. I have a very little budget as my husband is away for 1 more year and it is just me supporting myself and 5 yr old. what I am really wondering is what is really needed to get the pool up and useable for the summer? new pool is going where the old one was and the ground is more or less ready except for sand.that will be here when I have all the pieces for the pool. I know I need 13 new coping strips but do I really need or have to have foam/coves? and can anyone recommend where I can go to get installation directions etc.? any info is greatly appreciated as I said and please the sooner the better as here in southeast Louisiana it gets real hot and humid real quick and I am trying to get this project going now. as it is I am waiting on delivery of sand and then plan on putting it up. Many thanks everyone!

Hi Becky and welcome! If you post a pick of the pool, someone may help you identify it and you can call the manufacturer for instructions.

Becky,

I am new here myself but have put up pools before. The foam is nice but sand works just the same. Its kinda like its nice to have leather seats in my car but I can still drive it with cloth seats. And some folks prefer one over the other. The foam is nice but you can get the job done with sand. But I can say I am going with foam on my next pool setup this spring. Someone else might have better advice though.

You don't have to use the foam coving ... but I will tell you that the foam coving is much faster and easier than making one with sand unless you are used to doing that sort of thing... so that is your trade off.

I watched a lot of you tube videos for setting up a pool - they were very helpful!

Perhaps if you post some pictures folks can help identify the type of pool you have.

I would at least prepare for the possibility of a new liner if yours has been stored for that long.

Becky, if you want help identifying what make and model the pool is, it would be helpful if you could post a pic of the pool wall. Once you have the pool identified, you can call the manufacturer and get info on installation and perhaps new parts if you need them.

photos

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thank you for the input and the liner has only been stored for this winter only . for some reason I can't post the pics on here and I have tried everything I know of. not sure what the deal is. but here is the only way I can get anyone to see them https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=6008197299255011586&oid=101877237636054858462

- - - Updated - - -

Hi AprilNC here is a site with my pics of pool. for some reason I can't upload them on here. do these help in any way?https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=6008197299255011586&oid=101877237636054858462

still looking for help with https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=600819729925501158

hi I am new to the site thank you for the ad by the way and all help. I haven't been able to upload the pics but here is the site where they can be seen. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=6008197299255011586&oid=101877237636054858462 last summer I bought a 21 ft round ABG pool that had used for maybe 2 years at most with 2 toddler children. when I went and dismantled it there was about 1-2 feet of water still in the pool and it had been mostly drained for about 2 weeks. I live in southeast Louisiana so it's usually humid/moist here. when I brought it home I put the pools in "storage" until now. the liner was folded as much as could be placed on a wood board off the ground and covered with 2 tarps. before buying this pool I had the same size pool but it was an Intex pole frame pool (which is in my opinion one of the best that you can get for the money. it had been taken down for winterizing for 2 yrs, used a whole summer then taken down again and moved to another completely new location where I found 2 leaks that repaired as best as I could and the pool still lasted all summer until I took it down since buying this one plus winter was coming, anyway the pool lasted for a good 5-6 years but I digress), I have never put up a metal ABG pool and since my friends and stepson helped have never taken one down however I do know that all the parts are accounted for. My problem is I have no manual nor do I remember what brand/model the pool is so I can't look it up. I know I need to replace the coping strips on it (no biggie there) but I have been reading up on the subject and pricing item's etc., and came across foam flooring, cove, etc. the deal is the pool didn't have cove pieces or foam underlayment just sand. I have a very little budget as my husband is away for 1 more year and it is just me supporting myself and 5 yr old. what I am really wondering is what is really needed to get the pool up and useable for the summer? new pool is going where the old one was and the ground is more or less ready except for sand.that will be here when I have all the pieces for the pool. I know I need 13 new coping strips but do I really need or have to have foam/coves? and can anyone recommend where I can go to get installation directions etc.? any info is greatly appreciated as I said and please the sooner the better as here in southeast Louisiana it gets real hot and humid real quick and I am trying to get this project going now. as it is I am waiting on delivery of sand and then plan on putting it up. Many thanks everyone!

Re: still looking for help with https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=60081972992550

Foam is certainly not required. Many people use sand.

By the by, a few paragraph breaks in appropriate places would be much appreciated.

You can keep adding pictures to the google link you posted - or someone else can help you - lots of people use photobucket to host pictures, there is just not enough storage room on TFP for pictures.

I only see a picture of a hayward pump ... no picture of a pool ... pictures of the panels and uprights would be helpful for identification.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.