New build, Montgomery, Texas

Apr 17, 2014
Montgomery, Texas
New to the site, been kicking around the idea of getting a IG pool for a few years now and finally made the decision to go for it a last week.
Signed the contract Friday and they are starting in the morning so needless to say were pretty excited.

Tried to attach a copy of the pool layout however it says it exceeds the size limit guess I'll have to do something different. Hope to upload pictures of the progress.

Exciting times! While you watch them build your pool, take the time to read (and re-read?) the PoolSchool articles (top right corner has link) as they will help you learn the lingo and prepare for pool ownership. Order your test kit now (a good test kit is worth a dozen of the woosy ones that pool builders generally provide you) and get comfortable with the testing by trying it out on tap water. Will you be filling your pool with city water or well water? These issues might change what the experts here advise you to do, so go ahead and post it so you can hear how to plan for it. Add some specs to your signature line describing your pool, equipment and how you plan on chlorinating.
Oh yeah... we *loveeeeeee* pics ::epds::

Thanks,

Yes, planning on ordering the test kit this week and the pool will be filled with well water, just hope it doesn't run my well dry.

I'll try to get the pictures uploaded to photobucket this evening.

Here's the spec's on the pool.

18'x38' sport pool 3'-6"x5'x4'
110' Perimeter feet & 710 SQFT
12" Raised spa with tiered spill way
Flagstone coping and water tile
Pebble tech finish (still need to decide on color)
3.5 ton moss rock with weepers
Jandy variable speed pump , Jandy CV580 filter, Jandy 400,000 Heater, Jandy Aualink PDA, Polaris 280, tablet chlorinator & 3 LED Lights.

the pool will be filled with well water
I would have your well tested for iron content. (iron test does not come in standard kits) A new pool with iron laden water can be a big hassle.

Do you have iron staining in the commode or other parts where the water evaporates?

I would have your well tested for iron content. (iron test does not come in standard kits) A new pool with iron laden water can be a big hassle.

Do you have iron staining in the commode or other parts where the water evaporates?

We don't have any staining but I'll have the water checked for iron. Thanks for info. An option I have is my neighbor is on city water and I offered to pay his water bill if I could use their water to spare running my well non stop and maybe running it dry and he was OK with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is your builder?

Lone Star Custom Pools.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully this works, here's the link to the pictures taking yesterday.

http://s493.photobucket.com/user/dpchilds/library/Pool Pictures

The link works but they are really small pics on my end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.