Implementing a new SWCG

RCDuck

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2008
TEXAS
New IG gunite pool owner... plannning to add salt and start up the SWCG in the near future and I have a couple of questions.

One, I used a test strip to check the current salt content of the pool prior to adding any salt. It indicated 800 ppm... the SWCG which is set to 00% production indicates a salt level of 1,100. Are those results likely accurate for a 3 week old pool that was started up with pucks and been chlorinated with bleach only for the last week? I also tested the fill water and according to the test, it did not contain a measurable salt level.

Two, I have a 2 speed pump... how will the SWCG be affected by running the pump on low speed as compared to running it on high? Will the same amount of chlorine be produced regardless of pump speed? I usually run the pump on high for about 4 hours while the Polaris is running and then have the pump switch to low speed for an additional 8 hrs. Will I need to do this differently with the SWCG?

I added a Pentair IC40 a month ago with similar results. It first it read differently then test strips. I then found link in this forum to adjust reading on IC40 now everything matches and pool is very clear. Maybe there is some type of setup adjustment for Jandy similar to the Pentair.

I also have a two speed pump and again speaking for the Pentair unit there is an indicator to show if flow rate is acceptable. As long as flow meets requirement unit produces chlorine at rated levels. I have not had any problems no matter what pump speed is engaged. I am running at 20%, your pool is larger than mine but I expect you will be able to find combination of pump run time and SWG output that works for you,

I have been running pool sweep (high speed) for 3 hours and low speed for 7 hours spread over two different times. FC levels have been maintained without any problems.

I am sure someone with Jandy SWG can add further comments. Possibly there are parameters on the Jandy that need to be set similar to the Pentair.

A starting salt level of 800 to 1,100 is fairly common, even with new water. And having the strips and the meter in the SWG disagree by 300 is well within the expected precision of the test/meter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.