Need Help!

Aug 7, 2013
Im a new spa owner. I have the Hot Springs/Hot Spot Relay. Bought it new from the local HS dealer a little over a month.

My issue is that the spa does not power on. Zilch..Nothing... We are in N Mississippi, and we had some bad storms. Woke up Monday morning and found many of my electronic components would not power on. Home Theatre, Modem, garage door opener, and a few other things. Checked pool pump and it was good. Checked hot tub and it was powered off. Reset the Disconnect and the breaker still nothing, Go get my meter and I find 246v at the hot tub, and also on the controller. But it wont power on. My first thought was that it had to to be the controller box that went bad, but then I started thinking that if Im reading voltage on the controller board, that it may be the panel and not the control box.

Im looking for tips on how I can isolate any further without voiding the warranty? Also would like to know what you guys think is more susceptible to stray voltage from lightning, the controller box or the control panel.

Thanks!

Dealer will gladly send someone out, but at a cost to me if it is indeed lighting damage. Im pretty confident this was caused by lightning, and as luck would have it, this is the one kind of damage HS does not cover. Dealers advice was to check for other things damaged, and file a claim on homeowners insurance, which I have done. When I wrote the OP I didnt realize a few more things were damaged, the biggest being my 2nd fl furnace. So Im in a holding pattern. Then today I noticed there is water behind the pool liner.

Not a good start to my season....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.