Adding 2nd return to 14'x42" ultra frame

Apr 26, 2014
So Cali
I have been lurking for a few weeks and just recently joined the forum. 95% of my questions have been answered just by using the search function, as it does in most forums.

Background:
Intex ultra frame 14'x42"
Intex 2100gph sand filter
Intex SWG
Hayward SP1091LX skimmer
1.5" Hayward adjustable eye return
Intex 637R pump(running as a standalone solar heater through three sections of 200ft x .5in black irrigation tubes)
I will be upgrading the intake line to 1.5" Intex fitting this week during my reorginization of pumps

The main question I have is:

Can I add a second return through the liner without it being reinforced like the OE openings? Or is it wiser to go up and over the frame and drop it down to about 6" above the bottom of the liner to stir all the **** that is settling on the bottom?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions, I want to do this right the first time so I can focus on enjoying the pool since temps are already hitting mid 90's this week.

Tim

I will see how well the existing return does before I really give thought to adding or cutting a second return into the pool. A little worried that a single return may hinder the flow from the pump back into the pool. I am going to start the hard plumbing project tomorrow, now that I have the 2100gph sand filter in my possession and mounted to my newly built hardware stand.

Update:

2100gph sand filter installed, 1.5" intake and return fitting installed and 1.5" pvc installed.

The flow is outstanding, only problem is the intex 1.5" return cap has the adjustable eye and the flow coming back to the pool is so great that it forces water out the of the threads of the return cap. I just removed the cap for now, until I can figure something out.

I took a dip for the first time since installing the pool and equipment and the 86* water temp is awesome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.