First Time pool owner - wedding cake steps questions

Very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this as well. We, too are looking to purchase steps for our pool, to allow easier entry for my 93 yr old Grandmother. We cant have anything that is too steep and thought the Majestic (8000) model by Innovoplas would serve our purpose. I haven't been able to source a pad for under the steps, but would welcome any insight as to whether it is even required. the biggest challenge we face is trying to find a supplier that can ship to our address in Canada, or without paying more for shipping costs than the cost of the steps themselves :( Our pool is a 12x22x52" Intex style pool (Bestway brand). Sorry to piggyback on your thread fitness4life75. I hope you don't mind

I just have my US orders shipped to a local parcel service in Pembina, then take the afternoon and go for a drive to pick it up. Or check thee guys out, they might have what you want. http://www.poolsuppliescanada.ca/ I have bought from them, good service, etc.

Thanks for the extra picture Linda! Yeah, I don't see any really good way of doing it using the existing arm. While I suppose I could build up a block that would match the railing, it's still a big block sitting there looking kinda odd.

Thanks for the link to your thread Johnny! I saw a picture of your customized bracket that you had cut to fit your pool lip and was very impressed! I wanted to do the same thing, but had a slightly different shape of arm so it wouldn't have saved me anything. But your alternative of using PVC pipe fittings is a great alternative. What a good idea! I'll have to take a wander through the local hardware store for some of the PVC fittings you used and see if I can come up with something similar.

Thanks to you both!

Steve

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.