where do you buy your pool supplies and equipment?

Poolsupplyworld.com and other places online if the prices are right... I plug items I want or need into :google: and goooooooooo! :mrgreen: I like the cheaper prices so that kinda dictates who I'll shop with. :goodjob: Sometimes I'll just pick up odds and ends at retail stores like WalMart, Lowes or the local mom n pop shop up the road. :)

I usually buy pool specific items online, Amazon.com or VMInovations.com, but I do shop around, and read reviews of both the product and the store.

Non pool specific I try to buy local from the hardware store, plumbing supply store, or wherever except Walmart.

Walmart for their Great Value bleach. Its 8.25% and is less than 3 bucks a jug. On the rare occasion I need baking soda or borax, Walmart again. I also get the HTC brand (Walmart) for stabilizer.

Dont ever need any other chemicals... in fact... 99.9999% of the time, all I use is just bleach. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I always get bleach at Walmart - stabilizer and borax have come from there too ... I've never needed baking soda. I bought liner, pad, coving, and coping online ... I did get a flexible hose and a thermometer from a pool store. And of course I got the TF-100 from TF test kits!

I've been on the tfp method since set up ... never have needed anything else! I am sure it has saved me loads of $$.

I always give the local guy first shot at it. For example, last year I needed to put a new skimmer box on the side of the pool. Looked up the pricing on a replacement Hayward kit on line and found several...best price at the time was a new kit on Ebay (free shipping). Went to my local pool store and inquired about pricing and availability. He had them in stock...Good...How about price...2X what the kit on Ebay was going for (seller was a pool supply store). I offered him $5.00 over the price of the Ebay listing and he said no. His marked price was firm. Two days later the kit, new in unopened box was at my house.

Fast forward to this year. Looking for liners as mine took a hit this winter. Local prices are at least twice what I am finding on line. Made them an offer and they said no.

Chemicals I get from my chemical supply guy here at work for the most part. We have several cleaning systems and 2 large waste water treatment systems. We have to titrate and test the systems the same as you would do a pool and he supplies most of the chemicals we use.

I've bought all my liners online. I just bought pool lights at WallyWorld. They are round, 2 in a box for under $10, take 3 AA batteries a piece and are magnetic. They really look nice and light the pool up well! :cool:

I'm new to the game, but so far My purchases have been @ TF kits, amazon, and chemicals are all coming from a large chemical supply company. (bulk 12.5% chlorine, and bulk HCL)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.