Deck Jet Pressure changes (not sure why)

myrddin

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Indiana
Hi folks... I just completed a project. I installed 4 deck jets in my retaining wall... each regulated with a valve, and all on 1.5 runs to 3/4 at the jet.

Question as I watch the jets, I can see sometimes the pressure changes so the jets drop down and spray my patio (or pool walk way area)... and then it will pick back up agn. I do not see a change in pressure at the filter, and I don't see any sighs of air in the pump window. Its done it a few times now, the first time I backwashed and it seemed to fix it, the second time it didn't seem to matter... it is a little windy today but I am unsure if that is the problem. Also I never see my filter pressure drop from 10... I just backwash every few weeks... not sure if that indicates something.

My pump:

Plumbing:

Jets:

Filter:

please let me know

Pressure drops/surges often have to do with air getting into the pump. Check to make sure that your water level is high enough to prevent a vortex from form in in the skimmer that could draw in some air. This is especially true when people are swimming and there are more waves in the water than otherwise. The trough of a wave can stave the skimmer of water and allow air in.

thanks, I will go back wash and rinse a few times... I did replace some PVC on the pad... could air get trapped in the system somehow? I have never seen anything like this... no air in the pump window. at least not that I saw... I will look closer this time.

also would it be acceptable for me to turn the returns all the way off while running the deck jets? I am testing now... I have to cut the returns back to get enough pressure to my jets.

I am watching them now, it may be the wind blowing them back... seems odd but they do throw a long ways. I will get video.

Example of what I am seeing, I guess its just the wind in this case... Should I forget about it or point the jets down a tad to see if its better? I can also not run them on windy days as well...

Click pic for the video.. I was unable to embed it since its photo bucket

Just a thought but the cleaner might have something to do with that. I can't tell from the video but is it climbing out of the water when the pressure in the jets drops? One way to check is turnoff the booster and see if the problem goes away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.