adjusting TA

washguy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 25, 2013
Big D Yall
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Guys Just wanted to stop by and tell you that my pool has been sparkling clean all winter !
The only thing that has been bothering me is the TA....which is 140 since last year when I got on the BBB method.....never used baking soda....just 20 mule team....the pool was silky smooth all summer long
Heck...I bet I didnt spend 50 bills all summer long on chemicals...Yippee
So yesterday I poured a gal of acid in to bring down the ph to 6.8 and started aeration at 2pm with a cheap spray bar and my returns turned up to the surface.....7am the TA is 120 and the ph is 7 on a 14k gal pool
It works! yippee !....question....do yall think the TA will reduce another 10 by the time ph arrives at a ph of
7.2 or 7.4? Thanks :) Wash

Last edited:
Yes, I think your TA will come down a bit more but even if it doesn't, I would leave it alone. You have found a pretty nice sweet spot for your pool and an EXACT TA is certainly not necessary.

+1 to the above....and Welcome to TFP! :wave:

As always, focus on pH, and FC before TA, as it is much more important on a daily basis.

thanks Brush.....Thanks to the forum my pool has been perfect this last year....it just sits at perfect ph and a jug of bleach once in a while.....although I did put borax in last year...bout 10 lbs....maybe more lol
today the TA is down to 110....Yippee ive tried talking my neighbor into the BBB method,but he is hooked on the pool supply place...and he cant grasp this method...crazy huh? :) Wash

Yea, you will find it is very common. It's so simple taking care of a pool'a chemical needs this way that many don't believe it. Many more people refuse to take the time to learn about it. I try every year to help people along, but most simply don't do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.