So glad I didn't give up!!! TFP, all the way!

Re: Should I just give up? Can

Oh I think we have a problem, the TA will not register .... seems to be so high. I added 2 drops of R-0007, 5 drops of R-0008 and after 166 drops of R-0009 I gave up and left it a nice pretty yellow. What have I done and what do I do now?
CYA - 60 - 65
FC - 25
CC - 0
TA - 1600 + ????
CH 350
PH was purple and off the chart
However the water does look better this morning .... HELP!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'm back to, should I just give up?

I'm not sure about the alkalinity test but I'm sure someone will help with that soon. You're still seeing daily improvement so personally I think you're fine. Probably just in that POP sand filter annoying drag out phase. :)

It would seem sand filters are fine and dandy for every day use but a pain in the neck for clearing up swamps! Mine took forever too.

Thanks, but something is off! I will keep up the work and wait for instructions!
I'm not sure about the alkalinity test but I'm sure someone will help with that soon. You're still seeing daily improvement so personally I think you're fine. Probably just in that POP sand filter annoying drag out phase. :)

It would seem sand filters are fine and dandy for every day use but a pain in the neck for clearing up swamps! Mine took forever too.

I see you posted normal, but fluctuating TA results earlier in the process when you were adding borax so you know how to do the test and have gotten normal results before.

Have you added chemicals to raise pH or TA since the early part of the process? Did the test start out nice and green? Never any hint of red?

I didn't think a really high FC level could throw off the test, but maybe someone with more experience can shed some light.

I have not added anything to raise the pH or TA, only Clorox.
I see you posted normal, but fluctuating TA results earlier in the process when you were adding borax so you know how to do the test and have gotten normal results before.

Have you added chemicals to raise pH or TA since the early part of the process? Did the test start out nice and green? Never any hint of red?

I didn't think a really high FC level could throw off the test, but maybe someone with more experience can shed some light.

- - - Updated - - -

The test started out blue not green ... never any red

That is normal for the TA test with a high FC level. The colors are different, but you're still looking for the color change, from blue to yellow.

You can always add another drop or two of R-0007 at the beginning to neutralize the chlorine all the way if you prefer the traditional green/red color change. It won't change the results whether you're looking for blue to yellow or green to red.

Oh, I was trying to get the yellow to turn red. I still had to add so much to get it to yellow. I will keep SLAMmin and wait for the FC to be at a normal range and try again. The CC is 0 today!!!
You can always add another drop or two of R-0007 at the beginning to neutralize the chlorine all the way if you prefer the traditional green/red color change. It won't change the results whether you're looking for blue to yellow or green to red.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

The only time you need to worry about adjusting TA is when your pH is unstable. If the pH fluctuates between high and low on a weekly basis then you should look at adjusting TA. Otherwise don't worry about it. No reason to test TA during the slam process.

Thank you VERY much for the test results. Looking at the numbers all looks well. I see you've done and passed an OCLT and the only thing that's holding you back from finishing the slam is clear water. This is now where it's somewhat your call. Sand filters do take awhile to clear the water once all is dead. Adding DE, as you have done, helps speed up the process as you have noticed. Another option at this point is to try a FLOC to see if it does help you clear the water. It's an added cost, however if it works it can help speed up the process.

Hi Wendy... How does the pool look today? Is it clearing up?

Hi Wendy,

I've been following your progress.
You sure have come a long way from the first day you posted havent you?

You did good! Awesome actually!

hope you have a great summer and enjoy your troubelfree pool!

:cool:

I DID IT!!!!! THIS POOL IS CLEAN!!! Wait till you see the pictures!!!!! The water is soooooooooooo clear this morning. Still a bit of 'dust' when I brush, but nothing to complain about! How can I ever thank you enough? I will have the family over this weekend for a swim and cookout!

The pictures look more dusty than the water does when I stand over it, I can clearly see the bottom of the entire pool. Seems the pictures exceed my quota .... not sure what that means but I can't load them here for some reason. Not very good with the loading of pics and stuff in the computer ... you will have to take my word for it, and come for a swim!

Thank you! I did it! I am sooooooooo proud of me!
Hi Wendy,

I've been following your progress.
You sure have come a long way from the first day you posted havent you?

You did good! Awesome actually!

hope you have a great summer and enjoy your troubelfree pool!

:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all your attention! I can swim this weekend and I owe much of my progress to you!
Hi Wendy... How does the pool look today? Is it clearing up?

The pictures look more dusty than the water does when I stand over it, I can clearly see the bottom of the entire pool. Seems the pictures exceed my quota .... not sure what that means but I can't load them here for some reason. Not very good with the loading of pics and stuff in the computer ... you will have to take my word for it, and come for a swim!

We want need to see some pics! It's easy, just use a free photo host like PhotoBucket : http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/72545-Posting-Photo-s-Tutorial

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.