0 PSI on Filter Gauge

Apr 29, 2014
California
I accidentally left the manual air relief valve open for several days and now the filter pressure guage is reading zero (its usually at 8-10). The funny thing is that the suction in the skimmer is much stronger and the return lines seem to have better flow. Did I cause some unseen damage? I am turning off my pump as a precaution until I find the cause. Please help. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

With all the water flow out the release valve you could have clogged up the port to the gauge. Take it off and inspect that nothing is clogging the gauge or the channel.

Or maybe the gauge just went bad and needs to be replaced.

Thanks. I'll do that tomorrow when I get home from work. I am also hearing a gargle noise when I open the strainer basket and there is some water left. Usually all the water will drain when I do this and there is no noise. I felt around the impeller and did not find anything lodged.

I had some car trouble this morning and was going to be late anyways so decided to take some extra time to resolve this problem. Turned off the pump, unscrewed the gauge and relief valve, cleaned both of them out, and stuck picture frame wire through the opening. After putting the gauge and valve back on I had pressure again (8 psi). Thanks again Jason you were most helpful!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.