How many Aquachem tabs

Jun 14, 2008
I use the BBB deal but am going on vacation for a week and a couple days and would like to use the 1" tabs in a floater while gone. I can't find a recommended number of tabs to float anywhere. The pool is a 15x48 Intex and I have brought the chlorine up a bit already and am going to put the solar cover on before we leave. Anyone have a WAG at how many tabs I shoul dfloat?

Thanks
Bill

Bill, welcome to TFP!!

If you want a WAG, I'd say fill it up all the way and reduce the vents (turn the bottom part so that only 1 slot is visible) and tether it so that it won't sit on the wall - use 2 strings to keep it off the wall.

Of course you want the cl to be good before you leave. Since you are going to leave the cover on, the cl demand should be low. Do you have a timer and do you have someone to check the pool a couple of times while you're gone?

Hope you have a great vacation!! :-D

No pool smart people around here at least that I know/trust. New to the area. I don't have a timer so she'll have to sit while I'm gone. Don't want to run the pump while away. The chlorine level is bumped up a bit already and I filled the floater about half full. Hopefully that'll work since it's only a week away. Also put the cover on.

Thanks
Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.