iAqualink solar programming...

leibin

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2010
Prescott Valley AZ
Hey guys and gals - just ran into this nice write up ;) I'm putting my solar in this week, but in preparation, I connected my solar sensor that just arrived to see what configuration options I have for Solar in the iAqualink. I know you mentioned that some 'new' options appeared in the GUI, but I'm not seeing much. I'm specifically looking for set temps, ect....it appears that even with solar, it's using either temp 1 or 2 (which in my case is labeled POOL and SPA). It seems like this should have it's own temp, and that it should show the temp at the solar sensor (my old suntouch controller would do that!). The manual does tend to lead to the fact that it will start at 5 degrees over air temp if the water temp is lower than the set temp - in my case it is, but the speed I programmed for solar is not kicking on. All my dip switches are in the default off position. I have enabled solar priority....just not sure why it didn't seem to kick solar on (observed by a speed reduction on my pump). Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ok, update (and thanks Jason for fixing my thread!) In the 'other devices on/off' section of the iAqualink, I have set Solar Heat to ENA, and it did turn on when I put the sensor in the sunlight - so this is good. However, I would like the pump speed to lower when this action is triggered. It seems like I have to create a separate one-touch activity to do this, but in doing so, I have to schedule that to run, and if solar is not on (temp already reached, or too cold at the panels) the pump speed is going to stay where I program it for this activity. I would like the speed to jump back up so that my cleaner operates. Is this possible with this unit? On the Suntouch I had, it would kick solar on as needed and adjust the pump speed on the fly.....basically what I need to happen here ;)

Thanks in advance!

i would first switch off the "solar priority". The solar will only work when the filter pump is running so you will have to have the epump on during the warm part of the day. Is the solar independent of the filtration or is it integrated with the filtration? I have mine set up so the epump does filtration and once their is solar gain on the roof it will automatically turn the valve to divert the water to the roof and speed the pump up to the speed i have set in the VSP menu of the aqualink. No need to set up a separate One touch function.
If you feel comfortable you can email me your username and password and i can program it for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.