New Build in La Verne, CA

Brenna

Jan 28, 2014
Ok. Below is what we have planned....1st pool so would love any input on anything I'm missing or should think about.

32x16 (toying with 18') with 7'x7' spa.
Pentair Clean & Clear 420 sq ft filter
Pentair IntelliFlo pump
Pentair Mastertemp 400
Pentair Rainbow inline chlorine feeder
Autopilot Salt Chlorination System
Pentair "Easy touch" 4 Station
Stonescapes standard pebble (with option to upgrade to mini pebble at no additional cost)
2 pool lights, 1 spa - incandescent
Low voltage step lights and stubs for future landscape lighting
Zodiac G3 Cleaner (we have oak trees and neighbors swear by this cleaner)
7x7 reef step
(2) 18" shear descents
Stacked stone on raised sides
Acid Washed Deck to tie into existing concrete with matching stone border
Computer of Bird's Eye:
pool bird2.JPG
Inspiration from Houzz:
pool.JPG

Had Pool Concepts located in La Verne build my pool last year. Doesn't look like you are going with them.. or California Pools for that matter.

Couple things that stick out... that I can offer my opinion on.

-Regular pebble is pretty rough on the feet. If you get the option to upgrade the Stonescape Mini-pebble, then it is a no brainer.

-I would get an Intellichlor chlorine generator to match up with your Easytouch system. From a warranty standpoint, it helps when all systems are the same. Also, monitoring and controlling the SWG directly from the Easytouch is possible only with Pentairs SWG. Lastly, Pentair sells the SWG and Easytouch as a kit, that comes with spa actuators as well. Its a saves a few hundred dollars, which may or may not be passed down to you.

- Buy the Easytouch 8 instead of the Easytouch 4. Looking at your pool specs, I can already see that all of your relays will be used up, not giving you room for expansion. Since my build last year, I've already added lighting to a gazebo, malibu type lights and outdoor patio fans that are controlled by the extra relays I gained by going with the Easytouch 8.

Otherwise.. pool build looks great. Can't wait to see the progress pics!!

Thanks for the advice.....so many people close by.

I was hoping not to have to go for the 8 as the price keeps creeping up - I'm flabbergasted at the cost of this project....but you are right. Better to have extra and will definitely talk with the PB about the Pentair SWG.

We are almost decided on Water Visuals from Upland. Pool Concepts never made my radar and I feel like I interviewed every PB in the southland. Splash & Blue Fountain (have friends who used and loved both) were pretty non-responsive. They gave me the proposal and then never followed up on my questions. There were a few others that were just crazy expensive. We really liked the guys from Water Visuals. Pricing wasn't the least but they were mid pack. They have attentively answered every question and I've bombarded them with questions for weeks. My only concern is that they don't have much of an online review presence.....just a few yelp reviews and nothing on Angie's. I called their references and all loved them (not surprising as reference).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.