new aq/trl rj hooked up last week but fc staying low

Sep 1, 2013
indy
I opened the pool last Monday. it was in great shape a few leafs but water was clear. I am converting to swg from froger. my question is about the fc and how long does it take to rise .when I opened it my test reading were fc 0 ph 7.6 ta 110 ch 250 cya 65 temp 60 degrees. I added 7 bags of pool salt to bring it 3200ppm. I ran the pump 24 hours then turned on the system , set it at 80 % on the dial and left it for 5 days then checked everything again. system seems to be working fine , no flashing lights. but my fc is only at .5 . I didn't trust my test so I went to leslies for a test. their results were , fc-0, tc-0, ph-7.8, ta-110, cya-100, ch-250,tds-3000 salt 2700. vinyl pool 13500 gal, . how long will it take for my fc to raise . thanks for any help on this matter. I think I am going to like the sws

You need to SLAM the pool. A SWG should not be depended on to raise the FC level from zero. Get everything balanced to normal levels, including FC, before counting on the SWG to maintain things.

CYA at 100 is also a problem. The CYA test will read any level above 100 as 100, so your actual CYA level could be far higher. Before SLAMing the pool you should replace water to get the CYA level down below 100.

ok I got it, slam with bleach ,right. as the cya is high per leslies my test kit shows it at 65. last year late summer I dumped about half my water to lower my cya because they said it was high. their test showed higher than mine last year as well. I think before I dump water and salt, maybe I should have it checked somewhere else and see how that goes. thanks for the info on slamming I thought the cell would bring it up on its own.

What test kit were you using to measure the CYA at 65? If this number is from your own testing, I would trust that more than the pool stores and would SLAM the pool according to the 65 number. Run an OCLT the first night to see how much FC you are losing overnight.

yes that's it k 2005 c

- - - Updated - - -

im going to slam as soon as this rain stops for a day or two. it is hard to keep the pool clean right now with all the helicopters falling in it from the darn maple tree

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.